Ughhh

Everyday some more crap comes flying at me. My life at times just blows. What did I do to deserve this?

I hope I sound stuck up enough for you. I hope I sound like I'm a terrible person who thinks I deserve the best of the world

The truth is, these little setbacks mean nothing. I am miles ahead of tons of less fortuante people all across the world.
I think my real problem is ignorance.

But afterall, I'm selfish and I love to whine.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Oh Materialism...

This past Friday, which happened to be Black Friday, I had a terrible day. I went out early, hoping to get all the good deals only to be miserable all day. First, I was super sick. I was coughing and blowing my nose all day long. I found myself just walking around in a haze, unable to appreciate all the great sales going on. Secondly, I didn't even find great sales. I found myself buying things and not really saving much money.
My life sucks.
Not only am I sick on the greatest shopping day of the year, I didn't even buy hardly anything for myself because the sales were lousy.

But I think I need a wake-up call.

To be honest, the last thing I need is another article of clothing. I look at my closest and just see t-shirt overflowing from the shelves. I was moping around the mall looking for good sales to buy even more of what I don't need.

In countries around the world, children aren't as blessed as I am. They are lucky to have two good shirts, let alone a different shirt to wear everyday of the month.

Talking with other girls at work today, I realized how materialistic I am. I love buying more things and wearing new, name brand clothes. I realized how blessed I am to have the means to own all that I do.

I hope to be more aware of this as the Christmas season continues. As I go out buying for other and myself and as I ask for more clothes form Christmas, I need to remember all those who don't have material things. My life far from sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment