Ughhh

Everyday some more crap comes flying at me. My life at times just blows. What did I do to deserve this?

I hope I sound stuck up enough for you. I hope I sound like I'm a terrible person who thinks I deserve the best of the world

The truth is, these little setbacks mean nothing. I am miles ahead of tons of less fortuante people all across the world.
I think my real problem is ignorance.

But afterall, I'm selfish and I love to whine.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas is coming!

This week I would just like to say that my life does not suck.

I suck.

Every year, it never fails. I get so caught up in Christmas for what our culture has made it. Tons of presents, Santa Clause and possible snow is all that occupies my mind. I start to dream of all the things under the Christmas tree that will have my name on them. What is my dad going to surpirse me with this year? Did mom get me that bracelet I wanted? Its like I'm a kid again, anticipating Christmas morning with every fiber of my body.

But I'm just plain selfish. I suck because I'm not thankful for how blessed I am.

Here in Philadelphia, tons of kids go through the holidays without receiving a single present while I sit at home wishing the mountain of gifts I have would only grow bigger. Whether their parents are unable to shower them with presents or perhaps they don't even have a family, these kids deserve that joy on Christmas morning that I have always been blessed enough to experience.

This past week I have really been able to recognize the need of these kids. Not just are their basic needs important, but, in my opinion, blessing them with these other simple joys is important.

So check this out. A organization in City Team Ministries located right here in Philly is just one of many organizations that is hosting an annual Christmas toy drive. I encourage everyone to put aside their own selfishness this holiday season and give to these kids who don't have. I know that I personally need to stop being awful and suck-ish and give to these kids.


Maybe then, we can really focus on the true meaning of Christmas.

Click here for more details on City Team's toy drive!



No comments:

Post a Comment