Ughhh

Everyday some more crap comes flying at me. My life at times just blows. What did I do to deserve this?

I hope I sound stuck up enough for you. I hope I sound like I'm a terrible person who thinks I deserve the best of the world

The truth is, these little setbacks mean nothing. I am miles ahead of tons of less fortuante people all across the world.
I think my real problem is ignorance.

But afterall, I'm selfish and I love to whine.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Toys, toys, toys



Today, I was once again faced with the reality that my life doesn't suck after all. I may complain here and there, and sure, bad stuff has happened in my life, but compared to some children, I am very blessed.

This morning I volunteer wtih City Team again. Typically going on Saturdays to help, my group of students would sort clothing and serve lunch to the residents of the shelter. However today, we got to work in the toy warehouse. Here, they house thousands of donated toys that are to be used to shop for and provide presents to adopted children. As we sorted through tons of Barbies and Nerf footballs, we all nostagically looked back onto the Christmases we had as children.


I can honestly say that I have always gotten what I've wanted for Christmas. Learning about all those children who don't get that every year, I began to feel guilty. So, I think I need to be more conscious of my life experiences and blessings. I also need to be more conscious of those who are struggling and do whatever I can to help, whether that means donating toys and stuff animals, or volunteering my time to help organizations that help give gifts to these children. It's something that everyone should do.

Standing in the run down gym, staring at the lines of bags packed with toys, ready to be shipped off on Christmas, I was in awe. I was happy to be a part of something that will make others' lives more blessed.

I know my life doesn't suck, and the lives of others shouldn't either, especially on Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment