Ughhh

Everyday some more crap comes flying at me. My life at times just blows. What did I do to deserve this?

I hope I sound stuck up enough for you. I hope I sound like I'm a terrible person who thinks I deserve the best of the world

The truth is, these little setbacks mean nothing. I am miles ahead of tons of less fortuante people all across the world.
I think my real problem is ignorance.

But afterall, I'm selfish and I love to whine.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Gotta love your "friends".

Know what sucks more than anything? People. The worst is when they say one thing, then totally do the opposite. What is that?  And they're supposed to be your friends? ...yeah right.

My life sucks so bad when it comes to dealing with people. I don't know if its my attitude or theirs, but something has gotta change. This weekend, for example, has been a total let down. People were excited to go out and have fun together, only to turn around and make new plans. Friendship is difficult when you're so angry at someone. I don't even feel like calling these people friends anymore. Friends don't ditch friends. Now I'm stuck bored and not liking them very much. What a super friendship.

But some lives are completely different...

Children in Uganda live in a reality of war. There is a constant fear of being kidnapped. Being kidnapped means a new hell begins. After being brainwashed and drugged, they are made into soldiers, fighting for the Lord's Resistance Army and the infamous Joseph Kony. The army has abducted 20,000 children, mostly boys, from their homes and villages in this 17 year war. This is a struggle that continues everyday and has received national attention. Even if the children are able to escape, the mental damage that is done requires serious attention. Organizations such as Invisible Children provide relief to this situation as well as battle the reign of Joseph Kony by raising awareness using their 2003 documentary film Invisible Children.



The fear that these children live with in Uganda prohibits hope. Friendships are severed when they're stripped from their villages. Making plans to have fun with their friends is the last thing on their minds with the threat abduction always present.

In reality, I'm blessed to have freedom, let alone friends. And I really do have some great friends :)

In fact, one of my good friends, Molly, is really involved with Invisible Children. She fundraises for them in very unique ways...check out her blog!! She is an amazing girl who is looking to make a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment