Ughhh

Everyday some more crap comes flying at me. My life at times just blows. What did I do to deserve this?

I hope I sound stuck up enough for you. I hope I sound like I'm a terrible person who thinks I deserve the best of the world

The truth is, these little setbacks mean nothing. I am miles ahead of tons of less fortuante people all across the world.
I think my real problem is ignorance.

But afterall, I'm selfish and I love to whine.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Snow in October? Really?

I love snow more than most people. The white flakes falling down from the sky are so beautiful and peaceful. Even the smell is appealing to me. The way the flakes hit your warm skin and begin to melt...the way everything seems to get quieter...the look of trees covered in white powder...playing outside with my friends and family...I could go on and on and on.

Wait a second...isn't it only October 29th? What is going on??



Because of the snow, my life sucks. This strange early snow has ruined my weekend plans. On top of that, our house and surrounding block completely lost power due to fallen branches. How annoying!

But my weekend weather experience was still relatively pleasant compared to some others. Throughout the Northeast, this early freak storm has caused a lot of issues including power outages, plane and train delays, and even eight reported deaths. These people have suffered a lot more than my minor inconvenience. Yet again, my whining just makes me  selfish.
Click here to check out the reported issues. Other reports show the damage done as well.

Buffalo, New York
Honestly, I'm lucky to have the kind of family who deals well with these circumstances. We know the routine to keep things fun and safe when we lose power. I'm blessed to have a family with a good sense of humor to keep us sane when the situation isn't the best. So although this early storm caused me some problems, I'll get over it. After all, I do really really love snow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment