Ughhh

Everyday some more crap comes flying at me. My life at times just blows. What did I do to deserve this?

I hope I sound stuck up enough for you. I hope I sound like I'm a terrible person who thinks I deserve the best of the world

The truth is, these little setbacks mean nothing. I am miles ahead of tons of less fortuante people all across the world.
I think my real problem is ignorance.

But afterall, I'm selfish and I love to whine.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Gee, thanks Mom...

This past week has been annoying. So many times I have thought, "This sucks! Things could not be worse." Stressing about all my work is the main issue. So much to do, so little time.

On top of the endless piles of homework, my mom starts to nag me. Remember this! Do that! Work hard! Go to bed!

Uh...mom, I think I'm in college now...leave me alone! It sucks how I can't seem to get any space. I think I can handle myself...thanks anyway mom...

REALITY CHECK:
I'm privileged to have a mom who cares so much about me.

Reports all over the world reveal the high rates of child abuse. Statistics here in the States are incredibly high. They show in 2009 that there were 3.3 million cases of reported abuse involing approximately 6 million children. In addition, about five children die everyday from abuse. Abuse can be either physical, emotional, or sexual. Neglect is also a form of abuse. The perpetrator is not always a parent, however. In most cases, the child know the abuser in some way.

This is truly a sad reality that breaks my heart. These children are faced with lives full of fear and hurt because their parents, the ones who are supposed to love them the best, are abusive. Even neglect of the children can leave them scarred. The effects of abuse last throughout their lives, putting them in a cycle of possibly continuing the abuse themselves as parents.
 The fact that this is the reality for millions of children in the United States and around the world is extremely upsetting.



My mom has always wanted what was best for me and has given me everything I've needed...and more. So when I complain about the way she won't get off my back, I really should thank her for preparing to be able to handle things on my own. She gave me love that not all children get. And for that, I will always thank her.

What can  you do?
Abuse is very much present in our society. The first step in changing this abusive cycle is awareness. The lines between a healthy and an unhealthy relationship can sometimes be blurred. By recognizing abuse, you can help to stop it. There are also counseling resources for those who have experienced abuse. You just have to reach out and get help.

No comments:

Post a Comment